Bolt Action - Completing the Core Army Group

Finally had a chance to prime all the models and begin painting them.  I used Army Painter Desert Yellow Primer on the models, and then picked out the basic colors.  This army is meant to be played and not a showcase army so I am not going to insane on the painting and chose to use the "Dip" method for horde armies.

All this involved was laying on 3-4 base colors and then dipping the model in Army Painter Strong Tone and allowing to dry for a day or two(I got lucky and only needed to wait overnight).  Which was a good thing as it was our first game the next day.  Once I got back home I started picking out some more detail on the models after hitting them with a coat of Matte Varnish to dull them down from the dip.


Below you can see some of the completed models, like I said this is a tabletop standard of painting and should not be considered "artistic" in any way.  I have glued static grass to the bases in clumps to break up the ground cover, my idea is that its winter but not full on winter just yet.



After my first game I decided that I needed some movement trays, moving models around is fun but can eat up time during a game.  So I sat down and used my professional skills and a 3D printer to make my trays.  I decided against wood trays as I want something that I can recreate without worrying about wood material or gluing.  I was very happy with the effort and work put in so I have plenty of these now to move my models around.







Popular Posts