Things of note

Monday, June 26, 2017

1/285th Armor or Micro Scale.....Modern Monday!

Small update today but big, I found an embassy building and also bulked out with some taller shops from GameCraft Miniatures.

$50.00 USD for this order to keep the shipping cost down.

Monday, June 19, 2017

1/285th Armor or Micro Scale.....Modern Monday!

Now that buildings and boards are painted with base coats I can get an idea of what I have.  Some of the buildings have been moved around a bit to try out different layouts.


WOW this table looks very brown, I hope to add some color to it in the future.  But as you can see I still have some empty spots and the embassy isn't on the table.  That is gonna have to wait as I haven't found an acceptable model for it yet.

Friday, June 16, 2017

Bolt Action - Expanding the force !!!

After my first game with the guys, its time for reinforcements because I know there will be some list tailoring going on in the coming weeks.  With that in mind its time to start building the cool stuff of the Soviet Army.

Light Mortar
Medium Mortar
MMG number two!!!
45mm Anti-Tank Team
Various other metal models that came with my starter army.



Monday, June 12, 2017

1/285th Armor or Micro Scale.....Modern Monday!

Buildings have been primed with "Army Painter Desert Brown" and washed with "Army Painter Strong Tone" with a dry brush of "Vallejo Iraqi Sand".  I will go back and paint in doors and windows later but onto the reason of today's update.

Make sure to use any varnish product in a well ventilated area.

Friday, June 9, 2017

Bolt Action - Completing the Core Army Group

Finally had a chance to prime all the models and begin painting them.  I used Army Painter Desert Yellow Primer on the models, and then picked out the basic colors.  This army is meant to be played and not a showcase army so I am not going to insane on the painting and chose to use the "Dip" method for horde armies.

All this involved was laying on 3-4 base colors and then dipping the model in Army Painter Strong Tone and allowing to dry for a day or two(I got lucky and only needed to wait overnight).  Which was a good thing as it was our first game the next day.  Once I got back home I started picking out some more detail on the models after hitting them with a coat of Matte Varnish to dull them down from the dip.